Getting back to work is an important step in recovering from a work-related injury and means a worker can return to a normal life, often reducing the financial and emotional impact on them and their family.
Research tells us that an early return to work and activity helps prevent long-term disability and improves the likelihood of the person continuing to work once they’ve returned.
Benefits of rehabilitation
As a worker, your participation and commitment to rehabilitation means:
- A quick and safe return to work
- Less disruption to family, work and social life
- Improved employment and financial security
- Less time spent recovering from your injury
- Reduced level of impairment.
There are benefits for early return to work for employers too; employer participation in rehabilitation can:
- Reduce disruption impacting productivity
- Reduce staff turnover
- Improve staff morale and workplace industrial relations
- Minimise retraining expenses
- Reduce claims costs and impact on premium
- Help a worker’s return to the workplace
We work with workers, employers, ACC, physiotherapists and doctors to ensure a safe and effective return to work for employees. Contact us to find out more about our rehabilitation and return to work plans.