Workplace wellness programmes
Workplace Wellness is an engaging programme designed to empower your employees to manage their own health and wellbeing through regular contacts with our nurses and your organisation. We offer bespoke wellness programmes that focus on areas that are specific to your organisation and employees including heart health including cholesterol and blood pressure, blood sugar/ diabetes and activity and lifestyle assessments.
Most adults spend more of their waking hours at work than anywhere else, making it a prime place for promoting healthful habits to ensure they remain well and flourishing. Worksites are an easy and efficient venue to conduct such checks and often employees enjoy this and are grateful to have their employer take their health seriously.The worksite organizational culture and environment are powerful influences on behavior and this needs to be put to use as a means of assisting employees to adopt a healthier lifestyle.
At Occupational Health Map we offer corporate wellness programmes delivered at your workplace within the Wellington, Lower Hutt, Kapiti, Porirua or Upper Hutt areas.
Benefits of Worksite Wellness Programmes
Benefits for employees include:
- Improvements in blood pressure, cholesterol and sugar levels
- Associated improvements in chronic health conditions
- Weight reduction
- Improved physical fitness
- Improved well being and lower stress levels
Employers can also benefit from worksite wellness programmes. According to recent research, employers’ benefits are:
- Enhanced recruitment and retention of healthy employees
- Reduced healthcare costs
- Decreased rates of illness and injuries
- Reduced employee absenteeism
- Improved employee relations and morale
- Increased productivity